Founder & President
Indiana India Business Council
An emissary with a vision.
"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. We need not wait to see what others do” – Mahatma Gandhi
Mr. Raju Chinthala is the face of resurgent India in America. A persuasive, creative, self motivated, service oriented, people person who has molded himself into a visionary, challenge driven, successful professional, entrepreneur and leader in academic, business as well as community areas.
Raju has been widely recognized for his willingness to go beyond the norm and his ability to bring together divergent individuals and groups to see and seize opportunities, address challenges, solve problems, and enhance quality of life for all.
Mr. Chinthala currently serves as:
- Senior Advisor for India, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Founder & President, Indiana India Business Council
- Vice President, U.S. India SME Council
- President, Indianapolis Hyderabad Sister City Committee, City of Indianapolis
- Board Member, International Marketplace Coalition
- Treasurer, Hamilton County Republican Party.
- Board Member, Indiana Sister Cities Council
- Member, Mayor's Advisory Commission on Human Relations, & Carmel Midtown Building Corporation, Appointed by Mayor James Brainard, City of Carmel
- Chairman - SPC, India Association of Indianapolis
- Founder & President, Asian American Indiana PAC
- Chairman, US India Political Action Committee – Indiana
- Member, Columbus Pune Sister City Committee
- Member, Indiana Sister Cities Council
- Past Member of Speech Pathologists & Audiologists Board of Examiners, Appointed by Governor Mike Pence 2014 - 2016
- Past member of Regional Health Equity Council, Region V, the Office of Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Past Board Member of Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee (GIPC), Indianapolis Sister International Sister Cities, Marion County Convention and Recreational Facilities Authority, member on of the City of Indianapolis Department of Public
Safety advisory board Appointed by Mayor Greg Ballard, City of Indianapolis
- Past President & Board Member of Asian Services of Indiana (ASI)
- Past Member of Nationalities Council of Indiana (NCI)
- Past Board Member of American Telugu Association (ATA) 2005 - 2009
- Past Board Member of North American Telugu Association (NATA) 2011 - 2015
- Past President & Chairman of India Association of Indianapolis (IAI) 2007 - 2011
- Past President & Board Member of Greater Indianapolis Telugu Association (GITA) 2006 - 2008
- Health Care Policy advisor to Mike Pence for Governor Campaign in 2011
- Member of transition committee for Congressman Todd Rokita in 2010
- Member, Board of Gregory Hancock Dance Academy 2016 - 2019
As the Founder of Indiana-India Business Council and a leader in multiple other internationally focused nonprofits, he has been a key player in the successful negotiations to encourage investments in the State by major Indian corporations, including a 2017 investment decision by Infosys, Ltd. that will create 3000 new, well-paying jobs to Indianapolis by 2023.
As a Liaison, he has been the bridge between 2 countries. Mr. Chinthala played a key role in establishing Sister State relationship between Indiana and Karnataka in 2017, Sister City relationship between Indianapolis and Hyderabad in 2010 as well as Sister City relationship between Columbus and Pune in 2018. 2017, was a year when Mr. Chinthala’s efforts led to a historic landmark. He played a crucial role in aiding Governor Holcomb become the first Governor of Indianapolis to visit India. In 2010, Mr. Chinthala’s also played a crucial role in aiding Mayor Ballard become the first Mayor of Indianapolis to visit India. In 2006, was his first role in a historic event by aiding the then President of Secretary of States in US, Indiana Secretary of State Todd Rokita to be the first elected official from Indiana, visit India.
Mr. Chinthala is the recipient of Sagamore of the Wabash Award by Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb in 2017 & Governor Mike Pence in 2015. He received this personal tribute for rendering distinguished service to the State and Governor of Indiana—the highest honor bestowed by the Governor of Indiana.
Mr. Chinthala is a civic and community leader and foreign relations advocate with a passion to promote the business, cultural, and diplomatic exchange between disparate communities. Raju is a native of India, citizen of the United States, and a community leader in Indianapolis and Indiana, who has been working tirelessly over the past decade to establish effective community and business outreach programs to improve opportunities for Indiana citizens, to promote trade and investment between Indiana and India, and foster improved international awareness and understanding. He is a key player in State negotiations with major Indian corporations, resulting in new international investments and job growth for the citizens of Indiana.
Raju is pride of himself as a visionary, architect, emissary, connector, instigator, and optimist. Raju builds bridges. Raju makes things happen.
Holding a Masters Degree in Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University and a Masters Degree in Speech and Hearing from All India Institute of Speech & Hearing, Mysore, India, a Bachelors Degree in Audiology & Speech Therapy from Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped, Mumbai, India, he has garnered several awards including honorary Ph.D.
Mr. Chinthala moved to the US in 1994 and currently resides in Carmel, Indiana with wife,, Dr. Prasanna Chinthala, geriatric Psychiatrist; son, Anoop Chinthala, a sophomore at Indiana University majoring in neuroscience and a dog, Snowball, miniature American Eskimo. His personal interest include photography, fitness, reading, networking and being a gadget fanatic or just hanging out at home with Prasanna and their dog Snowball.
Hamilton County Republican Party, Treasurer, 2018 - Present
Hamilton County GOP Diversity Council, Co-Founder & President, 2017 - Present
GOP Candidate:Threw his hat into the ring when former City Councilor Carol Schleif moved away and there was a caucus to replace her. Tony Green ended up winning that caucus (2017).
Precinct Committeeman, Carmel, Hamilton County, 2017-2019
Republican National Convention, Cleveland, alternate delegate at-large, 2016
Asian American Indiana Political Action Committee: Founder & President, 2015 - Present
U.S. India Political Action Committee: Chair, Indiana Chapter, 2/2010-Present
GOP Campaign Volunteer:Randolph for City-County Council (2004); Mitch Daniels for Governor (2004); Greg Ballard for Mayor, Indianapolis (2007 & 2012); Todd Rokita for Congress (2010-20); McGoff for Congress (2010); Carlos May for Congress (2012); Mike Pence for Governor (2012); Dick Lugar for Senator (2012); Connie Lawson for Secretary of State (2014); Jim Brainard for Mayor, Carmel, IN (2015 & 2019); Susan Brooks for Congress (2012 – 2018); Holcomb for Indiana (2016); Trump-Pence (2016), Donna Schaibley for State Rep (2016 & 2018); Diego Morales for Congress (2018), Victoria Spartz for Congress IN05 (2020); Senator John Ruckelhause District 30 (2020); Todd Rokita for Attorney General (2020)
GOP Candidate: Replacement for State Rep. Steve Braun (House District 24) (2014), (Post ultimately went to Donna Schaibley, former secretary of the Hamilton County Republican Party)
Healthcare Policy Advisor for Mike Pence for Governor, Member, 2012
Transition Committee for US Congressman Todd Rokita,Member, 2010
Indianapolis Downtown GOP Club, Member, 2006-2010
Hamilton County Republican Party, Member, 2013- present
Ward Chair, Marion County, 2007-2008.